Secrets of the High Stakes ‘Hunger Games’

From budgets and salaries, to the accident that sent star Jennifer Lawrence to the hospital, the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter features director Gary Ross and never-revealed details about the fast-approaching pop culture phenomenon, in theaters March 23.

The first of four films of Suzanne Collins’ massively popular three-book series The Hunger Games, about two dozen children randomly chosen to compete for survival, opens March 23 on more than 4,000 screens across the country (as with Twilight and Harry Potter, the final book will be split into two films). The film’s reception could determine whether its stars — Jennifer Lawrence, 21; Josh Hutcherson, 19; and Liam Hemsworth, 22 — ascend to Kristen Stewart-Robert Pattinson-Taylor Lautner superstardom and fill the gap opening as Twilight heads toward its final chapter.

View full Hollywood Reporter Article

1. alexis March 27th, 2012

ur my imaganary boyfriend

2. Mira H. March 27th, 2012

Hi Josh, I’m a big fan of yours and I seriously you did amazingly PERFECT with the role of Peeta; you made me love Peeta even more haha, I know this might be a bit much to ask you especially since the chances you seeing this are one in a million. But, I’d love love LOVE if you visited Pennsylvania around Mount Airy. I’d absolutely love to meet you in person heh, hope you read this. 🙂

3. Christina Le March 27th, 2012

I LOVE YOUR EYES AND UR SMILE! <3

4. caroline March 29th, 2012

really josh u r soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute in this video we watched today it said be what u want to be so I lean over to my friend and say “ok get me an age increasing machine and drive me to CA and then i can be what i want to be Josh’s love” and she new what I was talkng about.HAHA <3<3<3<3

5. caroline March 29th, 2012

6. Kelie spay April 1st, 2012

Josh omg I love you so much I can’t even handle it!!!!! I would love to meet you sometime!!! <3

7. Alley April 2nd, 2012

I love you,Josh hucherson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are going to marry me one day!!!!!!!!!

8. carolina April 3rd, 2012

te amo josh me paso cada noche y dia viendo tufotos me encanto tu pel viaje dos e visto tyodas tus pelicula te amo josh

9. Lucy Evans April 4th, 2012

He is super cute, like if I saw him in real life, I would faint

10. Amber Yaeger April 7th, 2012

You did great in the movies and you are a great actor, how did you get started acting?